YouTube Interview with Hasbro
Zobovor
2024-08-24 03:33:36 UTC
The YouTube channel "Toys Are Russ" sat down with Mark Maher and Evan
Brooks from Hasbro for an interview which went up a few days ago, and
can be found here:

Some items of note:

The development time for Studio Series '86 Optimus Prime was about the
same as usual, roughly 18 months. One of their design goals was to beat
MP-10 as the best Optimus Prime toy.

The Collaborative version of the Knight Rider car was likened to an
Alternators toy in terms of scale. The electronics package was cited as
a particular challenge. (The K.I.T.T. toy was primarily designed by a
Hasbro guy named Brian, no last name given. A cursory Google search did
not help. Brian Torney? Brian Chapman? Brian Lawrence?)

Evan mentioned that the love for the Transformers brand is higher than
it's ever been, and they're at a point where companies will approach
Hasbro, not the other way around, and ask to do collaborative projects.

Research shows that about half the consumers are not using the Studio
Series cardboard backdrops, so they're looking into doing something
different. Flight stands or figure stands were floated as a possible
idea, though it would cost a bit more.

There will likely be more comic book characters, but perhaps not until
most of the Studio Series '86 cast has been completed.

There are plans on the back burner for more G2 characters and more
Wreckers (Mark specifically mentioned Rack 'N Ruin).

Studio Series '86 Devastator Will likely be unveiled in September at
PulseCon. All the Constructicons will make it to market in 2025 within
a few months of each other. One idea Evan floated is the notion of
being able to pre-order all the pieces of a combiner at once instead of
them being revealed piecemeal.

The Studio Series '86 Constructicons were originally meant to come with
little tiny trumpets, but they were sadly omitted for the final release.

They said how just as some toys sold in the Commander-class have been
slightly smaller than previous Commander toys, they could theoretically
do Titan-class toys at a smaller scale but with premium designs.
TakaraTomy really wants to do Grandus. Mark Maher mentioned Broadside
as being a good candidate for a slightly smaller Titan-class toy.

Zob (a Titan-class Broadside would probably make me wet myself, just
sayin')
CodigoPostal
2024-09-07 09:39:50 UTC
Post by Zobovor
The Studio Series '86 Constructicons were originally meant to come with
little tiny trumpets, but they were sadly omitted for the final release.
I read this as "originally meant to come with little tiny strumpets" and
I was very confused.
JosephBardsley
2024-09-10 02:55:19 UTC
For whatever reason, my brain parsed this similarly, so we are in the
same boat, Codigo. :)

JB